POSITION: Mechanic Full-Time
The Fat Tire Farm is the Northwest’s premier mountain bike shop and was recently selected by Bicycling magazine as one of the top 100 bike shops in the country. We’re a small shop with a highly-skilled, tight-knit staff, and are looking for a a full-time mechanic who’ll be able to mix well with our crew. This is currently a seasonal position with the potential to be a full-time, year-round position. We’re a mountain bike shop, but we ride everything: downhill, street, road, DJ, trail, XC, BMX, ‘cross, and don’t judge riders of any discipline.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO WALK IN RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Previous bike shop mechanic experience (at least 2 years).
- Extensive current knowledge of a wide variety of full-suspension mountain bikes.
- Ability to bleed and rebuild multiple hydraulic brake systems
- Ability to overhaul Fox and RockShox forks and shocks.
POSITION: Lumberyard Mt. Bike Counselor
The Lumberyard is Portland’s new Indoor Mt. Bike park and will be offering summer day camp programs. Summer Camp Counselors will be responsible for implementing the summer camp program for youth, ages 6-14. Summer camp program will include mt. bike skills instruction, basic bike maintenance skills, video skills review and other group activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a safe environment for youth ages 6-14
- Provide Mt. Bike skills instruction and supervision for groups of 5 or less
- Lead organized games and other age appropriate activities.
- Interact and relate with youth and serve as a positive role model.
- Work as a team with other counselors, assistants and supervisors.
- Be an ambassador for the Lumberyard on and off site.
- Assist with daily set-up and clean up
- Carry out the goals, themes and schedule of the program to provide a consistent and high quality experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and ability requirements:
- IMIC Instructor and/or Lumberyard Coach certification (some training will be provided)
- Be competent at all skills required for camp activities (ie: mountain biking and/or bmx riding, assisting new riders, basic mechanical skills, group management, etc.)
- Experience working with youth ages 6-14
- Experience teaching skills
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
Wage: $11-14 depending on experience and certifications
To Apply: Please turn in Resume to the Program Manager at email@example.com